2016 will immediately bring some changes to our family. I am returning to the University of Utah for a Master degree in Information Systems (MSIS). I start on January 4th.
I have been looking at starting this program since before I graduated with my Bachelor degree in May of 2013. I feel like now is the time to go back.
Preparing for school was not particularly difficult, just time consuming. I had to take a graduate test in order to apply for school. I chose the GRE because there is not as much math as the GMAT. I have always had a hard time with math and 2011 was the last year I took a math class. I did about as well as I thought I would. I scored right at the average with the combination of my two scores. The Verbal Reasoning portion of the test was definitely my best part and the Quantitative portion was my weakest part. I am glad it is over.
I do not have a strong background in Information Systems, so I know there will probably be a steep learning curve ahead of me. But I look forward to the challenge. I have always enjoyed using technology and seeing how it evolves and changes.
My biggest worry is for my family. I feel like I barely have enough time to spend with them and doing this program will take me away from 6-10 two nights a week. This is after I work 8-4:30 at my current job. So things are going to be crazy. I am grateful for such a supportive and capable wife, who will have to take on extra parental responsibilities so I can focus on bettering myself educationally and professionally. She is such a strength to me. Gratefully, the program will only be 18-24 months long, so we can (hopefully) manage.
I feel incredibly blessed to have this opportunity. It will be tough, but will pay off in the long run.
Oh, and do not worry. I will always bleed BYU blue.
Take luck! :)
ReplyDelete