*The views expressed are my own and not those of Auto-Owners Insurance.*
As I mentioned in the previous blog post over a month ago, I had a second interview with an insurance company. It turns out that I got the job! I am really grateful that this opportunity came.
I am now a commercial underwriter for Auto-Owners insurance. I've been there for seven weeks now. I never thought I'd work in the insurance industry, but I guess life takes people in interesting directions. Here are a few of my favorite things about my job:
1) Airin can stay home from work. I am so happy that she can stay home with little Lily. More on that here.
2) The schedule. I work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. I get a one-hour lunch in the middle of the day. I can't think of better hours.
3) The location. I work in Draper, right below the Draper LDS Temple. I've had a couple of internships in downtown Salt Lake, and I love not having to deal with the traffic down there.
4) The work. For those who don't know what underwriting is, we look at insurance policies and decide whether or not we can accept certain risks as an insurance company and make sure policies follow state/federal law. We also look at renewals of policies and verify that they are still good ones to have insured by our company. It is fun to sleuth through policies and determine those things.
5) The company is based in Michigan. I served an LDS Church mission in the metropolitan Detroit area from 2006-2008. I love the state of Michigan and the people there. I am surrounded by many Michiganders and it is fun. I love discussing things like Vernor's ginger ale, Koegels hot dogs, Michigan lefts, as well as the Tigers, Lions and Pistons. Good times.
6) I have a great chance to move throughout the company. The company only promotes from within so this allows for great growth opportunities. One day we might relocate to another branch, depending on the circumstances.
Overall, I couldn't be happier. This is a great opportunity and I feel so unbelievably blessed! God answers prayers and knows how to help us.
No comments:
Post a Comment